Founded in 1993, The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Greater Cincinnati was an outgrowth of a committee formed by the Greater Cincinnati Gay & Lesbian Coalition (GCGLC) in 1990. After a number of open community meetings the Center was formed and eventually incorporated in the State of Ohio and registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501c3 organization. The Center originally opened on December 17, 1993 at Longworth Hall off Pete Rose Way.
The Center was then home to the now defunct Gay & Lesbian Switchboard. In 1996, the Center moved to 230 E. Ninth where its grand re-opening was held on October 11, corresponding to National Coming Out Day.
Finally, the Center inked the lease to its current home at 4119 Hamilton Avenue in Northside on November 23, 1998.
Today, the Center offers a variety of information-related Additionally, the Center holds various group socializers and educational forums. The Center is available as a meeting space for organizations and individuals, contact us: http://www.cincyglbt.com/contact-us
The primary monetary support for the Center comes from the annual Pride Night event hosted by Kings Island and contributions from the general community. Generally held in September each year. See: http://www.cincyglbt.com/pride-night
We do not provide counseling, mental health, legal services, or employment services of any kind. The Center will refer you to various professionals and/or on-line resources for further assistance.
The Center is a tenant in a building that was constructed in 1911 and is not readily accessible to differently abled individuals.
PO Box 23159, Cincinnati OH 45223-0159
We are informational resource to the communities of GLBTQ and allied folks. Please use the "contact us" tab on at www.cincyglbt.com
email@example.com for info on Pride Night
Why a Cincinnati GLBT Center?
We are a non-profit group as recognized by IRS code 501c3 and we are about....
Being a community based organization that affords information services and referrals to other GLBTQ and Allied groups. Most of our resources a